Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Time for Choosing

Today is the day. I've had a countdown on Biblical Conservatism for over a  year. Today is the day American is given the chance to change course.

The Drive-By Media is already calling the election for Obama. I've already told you why this is happening...they are either a) delusional enough to believe their +5-10% Democrat turnout models or b) we can expect that these polls will be quoted as reasons why Romney's election must be the result of some sort of fraud.

Back in 1964, Ronald Reagan gave a famous speech in support of Republican Barry Goldwater called "A Time for Choosing."  Today we are again at a time for choosing.

Today, I am speaking not to those of you who have already made up your mind. I'm speaking to the few of you who inexplicably have not. Today, as you step into that booth to cast your vote, you have a choice.

Today our choice is whether or not to keep on the same path we are currently on. The path we are on is one of failure. It is a path of $1 Trillion deficits and no plan to fix it, save for raising taxes on "millionaires and billionaires."  Except by the numbers this will only raise about $60 Billion per year...which is only 6% of the deficit. There is no problem to bridge the other 94% of the gap.

Today our choice is whether or not we want to take proactive steps to to fill our nations energy needs with real, tangible energy solutions that we already have domestically like oil, coal and natural gas; or do we want to continue to effort after a solution by burning billions on fantasy green energy.

Today our choice is whether we want to put America back to work by not regulating and taxing those who own businesses.

Today our choice is whether or not we choose to continue to be the last, best hope of mankind and a shining city on a hill or if we want to let the sun set on the United States as a superpower as the sun set on the Soviet Union, the British Empire, the Roman Empire, the Greek Empire, the Babylonian Empire and the Egyptian Empire before us.

Today our choice is whether or not we want to have a President who will defend Americans in harms way or one who will pretend that a preplanned, forewarned terrorist attack was because of a video and then attempt to create a revisionist history of things that just happened.

Today, our choice is whether or not we want our country back.

So I close with a quote from our 40th President, Ronald Wilson Reagan:

Are you better off now than you were four years ago? Is it easier for you to go and buy things in the stores than it was four years ago? Is there more or less unemployment in the country than there was four years ago?  Is America as respected throughout the world as it was? Do you feel that our security is as safe, that we’re as strong as we were four years ago?
And if you answer all of those questions ‘yes’, why then, I think your choice is very obvious as to whom you will vote for. If you don’t agree, if you don’t think that this course that we’ve been on for the last four years is what you would like to see us follow for the next four, then I could suggest another choice that you have.


  1. I know last night was a tough night for conservatives and all, but I'm just glad we can finally end this whole "Rasmussen is accurate" and "the other liberal polls are skewed" nonsense. Seems like Nate Silver got every state correct, including the popular vote.

  2. First of all, hello again, old friend.

    Secondly, that remains to be seen. Lets see what the final vote tallies were before rushing to THAT judgement. I'm not exactly sure how these results are tallied but I sahll do my best.

    On Popular Vote alone, Rasmussen said 49% to 48% Romney in their final tally, a 1% MOV. The actual vote was Obama 50.1% to Romney 48.4%, a 1.7% MOV. That's only .7% off

    The only company that was closer was Tipp Online, they were essentially the same MOE of .7% but they had the correct winner. (They had O 50% R 49%)

    Of the final week polls listed in the Real Clear Politics average, only Tipp, ABC and Pew had Obama leading. Pew and ABC had the Obama lead at +3% so they were mathmatically less accurate than Rasmussen.

    As far as actual polling samples, I admit I was wrong about it. I remain very surprised however. It will be interesting to see how political scientists judge this turnout vs. the previous several elections and what it says for future predictions.


All posts will be reviewed subject to the Rules for Commenting. Any post that does not abide by these rules will not be posted, entirely at the discretion of the blog editor.

Commenters who repeatedly violate these rules will be permanently banned from commenting, and thus none of their comments, regardless of content, will be posted.