Somebody Else in 2012 Campaign. The goal is, above all else, to defeat Barack Obama in 2012. So, in the coming days, we're going to discuss why each of the remaining four candidates, even if they may be less than your ideal candidate. Today we're going to talk about Ron Paul. Here are some of his platforms:
- Cut $1 Trillion from the budget in year one.
- Eliminate five cabinet level Executive Branch departments.
- Cut Federal Workforce by 10%.
- Return Spending to 2006 Levels (putting the deficit at less than 10% of today's deficit).
- Lower corporate taxes.
- Repeal the 16th Amendment (Which allows Federal income tax).
- Return the bulk of governmental power to the States where it belongs.
Is Ron Paul a perfect candidate? Absolutely not. He's actually my fourth choice of four from the remaining field, and to be honest, some of his foreign policy scares me. But he'd be a far better President than the one we have now.