Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Obama Releases Birth Certificate, Questions Still Remain

Today, Barrack Obama FINALLY released his long firm birth certificate. It all seems a little funny, and I still have questions. 

As of the writing of this post, I do not have the answers to these questions. I wish I did.  That being said, I'm going to ask the questions anyway in the hopes that in a few days I'll be able to follow up with answers. Here goes:


If Obama had this birth certificate all along, why did it take him three years to produce it?

It's a bit fishy, isn't it?  I've stated several times that I could produce my birth certificate within hours if someone needed it.  I know right where it's located.  It's in a small fire safe in my home along with other important personal documents like my social security card and my life insurance policies.  It's not at all hard for me to produce. So why did it take Obama so long to produce his birth certificate?  If it was this easy, why now? Why all of a sudden when a national figure is asking questions does Obama produce what he wouldn't produce as eligibility to run for President?

If there was always this birth certificate, why did Hawaii Governor say there wasn't one?

It was only a couple months ago, after a lot of bluster about how he would find the birth certificate, Governor Neil Abercrombie of Hawaii (a Democrat) stated, "There is no Barack Obama birth certificate in Hawaii – absolutely no proof at all that he was born in Hawaii." (1)  Yet here we are, a mere three months later, and Obama all of a sudden has it. How is this so?  Why, if it was so easy for Obama to produce, why couldn't the Governor of Hawaii find a copy in the state archives?

 Warning: The next question does use a historical term for black people that is now defunct. Please recognize it is only being used in historical context and is meant in no way to be a slur. 


Why is the term "African" written as Barrack Obama, Sr.'s race? Isn't that highly historically inaccurate?

In the early 1960s, the accepted medical term for persons of African decent was "Negro."  That was the term people used. It was not a racial slur (the other "n-word" most definitely was), it was a medical term like "Caucasian." (2) The root of the word begins with Portuguese immigrants to the New World in the 1400s. It is an Anglicization (for those of you from Palm Beach County, FL, that's "turning a word in a foreign language into an English word") of the Portuguese word negro (adj.) meaning the color black.

Not until the late 1960s did the language change to use the English word "black" as the description for persons of African decent. Referring to individuals of African decent as "African" or "African-American" did not begin until the 1990s.  This is a historical fact.

Personally I feel this is the most intriguing question in the issue.  Are we to believe that, somehow, the person who filled out the President's birth certificate was thirty years before his time in using language that nobody was using in those days?  Even if the person filling out the form was highly progressive for his day, the term would be "Black," not "African," because races were, for the sake of such records, categorized, much like Caucasians are not, and never have been, categorized today as "European" today.

Conclusion:

I have none yet. However I'm left with just as many questions as I had before Obama released his birth certificate. I recognize that I may be way off base and it may well be that Obama was indeed a natural born citizen.  I'd rather not be talking about this, because I think Obama's record will cost him far more votes than anything else.

Yet along with my fellow members of the blogosphere, I will continue to ask the questions. I hope in a few days or weeks I can answer these. I give my word that if all these questions are answered satisfactorily, I will post that.  Those of you who read this blog regularly know I am not a Birther. However, the Drive-By Media won't ask these questions, so we on the internet must. I look forward to answers. But it still smells fishy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1) Hawaii Governor Abercrombie Admits There Is No Obama Birth Certificate

(2) Race Terms Used in 1960 for Birth Certificates

No comments:

Post a Comment

All posts will be reviewed subject to the Rules for Commenting. Any post that does not abide by these rules will not be posted, entirely at the discretion of the blog editor.

Commenters who repeatedly violate these rules will be permanently banned from commenting, and thus none of their comments, regardless of content, will be posted.