Thursday, March 1, 2012
Why Mitt Romney Would Make a Better President than Obama
Recently, Biblical Conservatism has been presenting our Somebody Else in 2012 Campaign. The goal is, above all else, to defeat Barack Obama in 2012. So, in the coming days, we're going to discuss why each of the remaining four candidates, even if they may be less than your ideal candidate. Today we're going to talk about Mitt Romney. Here are some of his platforms:
- Cut income tax rates across the board by 20%.
- Cap Federal Spending at 20% of GDP.
- Return all Non-Defense Spending to pre-2008 levels.
- Repeal Obamacare.
- Repeal Dodd-Frank and replace with streamlined, modern regulatory framework.
- Amend Sarbanes-Oxley to relieve mid-size companies from onerous requirements.
- Open America’s energy reserves for development.
Is Mitt Romney a perfect candidate? No way. He's actually my third choice from the current GOP field for the nomination. He's got a record of being less conservative than I'd like our nominee to be. But he has real business experience and is very good at pulling cars out of ditches. And, above all else, he'd be an infinitely better President than the one we have now.