Friday, May 6, 2011

House Passes Ban on Abortion Funding: Thank You Tea Party

In the "Buried by Bin Laden" files today we've got the story of how the House of Representatives passed House Resolution H.R. 3, entitled the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act. (1) (For those of you from Palm Beach County, FL, it eliminated all taxpayer funding for abortion.)   The vote tally was 251-175 in favor of it.  All 235 Republicans were joined by 16 Democrats to pass the bill.  It now heads to the Senate.  For the record, we would only need four members of the Democrat caucus to jump ship to pass this in the Senate.  That's not insurmountable by any stretch.

Getting Obama to sign perhaps will be.  That said, let him veto it!  Dare him to veto it!  Put him on record as wanting taxpayer dollars to fund the state sanctioned murder of unborn innocent humans.  Let him have that attached to his name as we move forward toward the 2012 Election.

I have said on previous occasions that we must not only criticize the Republican Party for failures but that we must also credit them for doing what we elected them to do.  The House Republicans have come through this time. Whether or not the bill is ever made law, it is still a stance on Christian values made by the GOP.  They have stood up against the unholy sin that is abortion.

For those of you from Palm Beach, here's some biblical backing for those statements:

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.  Jeremiah 1:5

Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written, 
The days fashioned for me, 
When as yet there were none of them. 
 Psalm 139:15-16 

Indeed, there are very many more, but the Bible is clear that God chose us to be conceived and born when were conceived and born.  Even if you were unplanned by your parents, you were planned by God!

Those of you who read Biblical Conservatism know that I’m frequently peeved that the things the government spends my tax dollars on, whether that be on Cowboy Poetry festivals, whether that be on subsidizing “green energy” that is not only decades away from being able to fulfill our needs but is also is highly impractical, whether that be paying for the United Nations to reside in our country so they can lambast us or “Stimulus packages” that amount to nothing more than a slush fund for Obama.  Yet there is nothing that sickens me more that the money I work hard to earn is spent to murder innocent unborn children. 

You see, unlike Liberals, I recognize that every cent of the taxes I pay is really my money.  While I base my budget on my net income, I also realize my employers consider my labor is worth about 22% MORE than I actually see in my paycheck.  And at this point of my career I’m in the lower end of the middle class.  Other people are losing as much as 50-60% of their hard earned income to the Federal and state government and Liberals explain it as acceptable because “they can afford it.”  But that’s a different issue for another day.  The point is, once again, it is my money and your money that the government spends.  Every single cent of it.  It belongs to you and to me.  It doesn’t belong to the government.  It’s our money.

So when I stop and consider that money that is taken from me without a choice is being used to fund the murder of human lives. God said in the Bible that He knew us before we were even conceived.  Each unborn human that is conceived is intended to be born.  Those who God recognizes in His omnipotence are not viable are miscarried.  Only God in his omnipotence should be deciding if an innocent should be born. 

For the record, I recognize one exception.  That exception is in a life threatening situation where only one of the mother and child will survive.  In that case the doctor should follow the Hippocratic Oath and save the more viable life.  Since the Bible teaches that a child should not be punished for the sins of the father and the unborn child has not sinned if it was conceived as a result of a rape.  Therefore I believe that unborn child’s life still should be protected.

Liberals don’t want abortions to be harder to get.  They want it to be easy to be selfish.  They want it to be simple to murder an unborn child in the womb so that the parents can continue to live as they choose.  The Right to Life of the unborn child supersedes that mother’s Right to Pursue Happiness.  Liberals want policies of selfishness above all else.  Yet the same people want to eliminate capital punishment.  Think about that for a moment.  They believe it is a matter of privacy to murder an innocent unborn child but that it is wrong to exact a Biblically supported capital punishment (carried out in a humane way as 8th Amendment to the Constitution requires).  This is the mindset of Liberalism: it's ok to murder the unborn but to carry out justice on a convicted murder is not ok.

The Tea Party has stood up for what they said they would stand up for by voting in the House of Representatives to repeal all taxpayer funding of abortion.  They have stood up for morality and the protection of innocents.  I hope and pray that this becomes a law so that my tax dollars will no longer be spent on legal murder of innocents.  So today I stand up and salute the House Republicans.  On Tuesday, they did the right thing. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1) House Passes Complete Ban on Taxpayer Funding of Abortions

 Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson,
   Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All posts will be reviewed subject to the Rules for Commenting. Any post that does not abide by these rules will not be posted, entirely at the discretion of the blog editor.

Commenters who repeatedly violate these rules will be permanently banned from commenting, and thus none of their comments, regardless of content, will be posted.