Monday, May 30, 2011

To All Who Have Served or Are Serving Now

Today is Memorial Day, and, as cliche as it may sound, I do want to thank those who have so heroically served our country in our armed forces.  It was a few weeks ago when Osama Bin Laden was captured that I took time to thank the real heroes of that mission: the U.S. Navy SEALs.  Now it's time to thank everybody.

Those of you who are regular readers of Biblical Conservatism know that I am often critical of our President, as is both my right and my responsibility as an American.  More importantly, however, I want to say that I would take the worst President in history (and right now it looks like we have that) over the most benevolent dictator or King in history.  We are free to criticize Obama and all our other leaders, and the reason that we remain able to do that is the men and women who so bravely serve our country.

To those who have served, to those who are serving now, and to those who are planning to serve in the near future, I give you my endless appreciation.  Thank you for keeping us free.  God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All posts will be reviewed subject to the Rules for Commenting. Any post that does not abide by these rules will not be posted, entirely at the discretion of the blog editor.

Commenters who repeatedly violate these rules will be permanently banned from commenting, and thus none of their comments, regardless of content, will be posted.